Tuesday 18 September 2007

UFCW

So I set up a meeting and i invite one person from each department except banquets. When I get to the restaurant, Charles from E&S and Dawn from house keeping are sitting at one table, while the union rep is sitting at another. I bring them together, and we sit waiting Gabe and Philomena. Charles calls for Gabe on his cell phone and I order a bacon and cheeseburger on the unions' dime.

lance from the union is in his sixties and is scheduled to retire in a couple of months and for the most part is going through the motions. He tells us union stories he has told many time before...

Gabe and {Philomena arrive and Lance quickly explains a union is a group of employees who negotiate the terms of their employment...simple enough...

Then he hands each one of us a brown envelope containing ten employee petitions. He is in a hurry, his daughters car which he bought for fourteen grand has broken down and he needs to meet with the mechanic...so dawn is fired up..Gabe is cocky...Charles is confused...and Philomena gives me a beautiful smile which makes her look young and assures me I am on the right path. We have the petition and according to my calculations all we need is 131 signatures...

easy...

No comments:

Post a Comment