a good audience is a rare find.
“Now what can this possibly have to do with economics?”
says the short haired glassed eyed girl as she looks up from her blackberry…
“keep their head up…
grab the opposite leg and flip’em…”
says the farmer
a little pain i imagine
when the pin goes through her ear…
grab the next one …
wrestle her into position…
six were destined for slaughter
(but only three got to go)
the ramp we built was a disaster…
we had beer, could smoke and it snowed.
even a person who has worked only a few days on a farm can see the effort expended to produce and feed maybe 10 or 20 people is awed at the capacity of our food industry to feed the six billion and growing population.
Food security is a tangible issue…again we in the first world would have to curtail our consumption enormously for their to be a future beyond a few centuries…
i know i hear the screams…even sooner… but
a) there will be a technological solution,
b) we’ll discover a new planet
c) we can eat the internet
d)the age of Aquarius is dawning
on this rich island of 15000 which is quasi known for its farming they only produce 10% of the food they consume…the other ninety per cent is shipped in…the middle east is exploding…the Canadian economy was better than expected…exports jumped 5%.
the post modernist feeds his budgies in a disturbed 100 year old rain forest.
In a document titled "The WikiLeaks Threat" three data intelligence companies, Plantir Technologies, HBGary Federal and Berico Technologies, outline a plan to attack Wikileaks. They are acting upon request from Hunton and Williams, a law firm working for Bank of America. The Department of Justice recommended the law firm to Bank of America according to an article in The Tech Herald. The prosed attacks on WikiLeaks according to the slides include these actions:
- Feed the fuel between the feuding groups. Disinformation. Create messages around actions of sabotage or discredit the opposing organizations. Submit fake documents and then call out the error.
- Create concern over the security of the infrastructure. Create exposure stories. If the process is believed not to be secure they are done.
- Cyber attacks against the infrastructure to get data on document submitters. This would kill the project. Since the servers are now in Sweden and France putting a team together to get access is more straightforward.
- Media campaign to push the radial and reckless nature of WikiLeaks activities. Sustain pressure. Does nothing for the fanatics, but creates concern and doubt among moderates.
- Search for leaks. Use social media to profile and identify risky behavior of employees.