Friday 6 May 2011

renegade riverboat driver

Living as degenerate gambler in the bowels of hell…commonly known as Las Vegas i find myself tired as the Knuckleheads surprise and i keep adding to my bankroll…

my short collections of poems for the shaw seems incongruous with the heat of the desert sun and i can know longer consider myself a saint or even a repentant sinner.

My face is burnt (from wind)                                                                                  my legs are tired (from daily walks)                                                                       my back is sore (from afternoon swims) 

“my dreams they aren’t as empty as my conscience seems to be…”

and my lungs are full of tar and nicotine.

I am not drinking as the lows outweigh the lows                                                and the highs are no longer than an evening…

it finally comes down to this…

to what? to who? to how? to why?

well the album has been sung                                                                             the poems have been written                                                                              the movie is in the can

did i complain? Ha!

attending a show at the Venetian,                                                                          a hotel on the strip called

 1122924-echoes60s-101210            

peace out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment