Monday 30 July 2007

just the facts

Mona was a twenty five year old Cree, with grade nine education, on her won since 14, still legally married and a tendency to binge on cocaine. She has a beautiful laugh and a soft solid body that offers consolation in ways my mind cannot fathom. At times she acts like a teenager, lying about her age, where's she been or what she's doing. She has spent a lot of time on the street and has developed a 1980's home girl attitude(what's up?-the reverse handshake-yo sister etc.).

I love her, she says she loves me. We live together and both work at the Shaw. One morning I say I'm going to form a union at the conference center." She rolls her eyes and looks at me like the idiot I am. I am bewildered and mumble, "Well I've got to do something this winter."

The Life

I spend eleven hours
cleaning the kitchen
that's preparing 3800
meals.

the work is constant
but not hard

I get home at 4am
watch the sports
(the Knicks are down two
Colorado just tied it up)

go to bed
and finger
Mona from
behind
then make
love silently

set the alarm
for 11am
watch the sun
and begin
to write...

No comments:

Post a Comment