Tuesday 17 July 2007

shadow 123

watched a video and learned the 123 of shadow play...what i don't like or like in others is moi...simplified...and since this is shadow (repressed or disassociated parts of selves) uncovering discovering can be frightening...

To uncover the shadow write in first person about who/what is causing the emotional disturbance...good or bad...

ex) When John brags about his sexual conquests I feel angry etc.

Next dialogue in second person with the object of your discomfort.

Me: Hey John when you talk about women this way i get mad.
John: Hey I'm only having a little fun...sex is good emotional friction.
Me: Are you sure I thought sex was sacred etc.

Thirdly you become the first person of the who/what of your discomfort.

John: That guy sure gets uptight when you talk about sex. I don't mean no harm and I've never hurt any of the women I've been with. In fact I'm friends with most of them and everyone knows a good blow job is sacred etc.etc.

So one, describe in first person the situation, two discuss the situation with the person and three speak in the first person perspective of the person who is causing the emotional charge. This can be done for people, places, situations etc. anything or anybody who causes you an emotional charge...

And finally review for insights and any action you can take...ex) I am misogynist and don't have to take sex so seriously.

I believe the more detail you include the more beneficial this work will be...and I'm guessing it'll take a while as the shadow has been in the shade for quite some time

This video is from the integral life kit and is called the 123 process...check out the integral institute if your interested...


any ways on to the book: poems for the Shaw:

page two

Two quotes

cheerfully order him to be stupid
gnaw tender ears with biting truth

No comments:

Post a Comment