Saturday 26 November 2011

Saturday

The last vestiges of an Occupy were visible on the steps of the art gallery last night…i said hello to some of the faithful and headed to the downtown east side to drink my fill                  as is my habit.

As usual i blacked out and when i came to I was far from home.

I jumped a cab and forty dollars later arrived in Richmond.

I woke early, checked to see what i had lost and was presently surprised.

I have a bruised hand and a cut above my lip which would suggest some horseplay.

On the CBC i was informed that NATO had bombed a check point in Pakistan killing 24 soldiers.

I grabbed my shorts and towel and went for a sauna to sweat the beer out.

The Grey Cup is ninety nine years old and Vancouver is hosting the party. 

It’s lonely on the wet coast with low clouds and lots of rain.

The Fraser River calms and i feel resigned.

No comments:

Post a Comment