Wednesday 19 September 2007

Blast off

Management is oblivious and i sign my name in the pot wash area and get my partner James to witness. He signs and I witness. Two down. Tell the guy at the back of the machine who has since died from cocaine complications, "I'm forming a union, the petition is under the meat slicer go sign." He does and tells his girlfriend and so on. In 17 minutes nine people have signed and we have 122 to go.

I work my hours and go home and sign up Mona and finish the night with 10. I can do what needs to be done, now I wonder about my team.

Boss

Robin is an alcoholic, who doesn't drink, wanna be cop, free mason and the all the rest. Doped up on pain killers for a bad something or other, constantly consuming sugar products and generally out of it.

He was the Chefs' watchdog and the head honcho of stewarding.

His general omnipresence gave me lots of room to manoeuvre...I was the guy signing up people on the loading dock, in Hall A, downstairs in the cafeteria, the E&S office and...shh don't mention this...his entire staff. He never knew nor suspected anything.

This is called gloating. I could say i wish i wasn't a braggart but that would be untrue.

No comments:

Post a Comment