Saturday 15 September 2007

Roxanne

So even though i had a plan i was still unable to connect with the union rep from CUPE 30 in any meaning full way. I didn't think she was taking me serious when she calls and want to meet. I hesitate and she says, "OK I'll do this over the phone."

"Gareth I've decided another union would be a better fit for you, a union that specialized in the food industry." I agree but not for the reasons she gives, CUPE 30 is unquestionably in bed with the city. So i reply with, "You can't do that. What's wrong with you don't you believe i can do it."

"Gareth listen to me."

"No you listen to me. Your job is to serve the worker, not dictate to them."

"Gareth I'm not rejecting you. You have my number. I just think the UFCW would be a better fit."

"Roxanne I need your help."

"I am helping." Click.

Well so much for Cupe 30. phone the UFCW and keep getting the worker together.

No comments:

Post a Comment