Tuesday 16 November 2010

Tuesday

Last night read at a poetry slam

poetry reading commercial toby shook 008

http://www.cafedeuxsoleils.com/

during the open mike

i was the first reader

and read the following

(written 15 or so years ago)

when i was living on the drive

 

Toby Shook

she wore a tight red dress

danced crazy

took her home

and we fucked

three times that night

she screamed so loud i thought she’d wake the neighbors

 

and after that

i called her everyday

for  months

 

but she was getting married

to a plastic surgeon

with a nice view of the ocean

 

but it didn’t work out

 

and the next time she came to my bed

i pulled her hair and she ran from the room crying

and i lay in bed wondering

 

and i went to her

she told me

of being new in Canada

Chinese

no mother, 

abused by teachers   

 

she cried a little bit more

we hugged a little bit  more

 

she bowed her head

stuck her ass in the air

 

I entered.

 

The end

 

A few people clapped.

A poet friend said poetry reading commercial toby shook 001

“You scared them.”

and Vincent kept talking poetry reading commercial toby shook 002

well into his second bottle

so they asked him to leave

 

I think i made a good impression

 poetry reading commercial toby shook 003   

 

 

 

 

 

a J story

my grandmother and mother wanted to put me into a garbage can because i am a girl  and look like my father.

They hate my father and girls.

I was sick because they took the money my father was giving me

$12 a month which was good money in 1965

and fed me rice so i don’t have nutrition

and my mother has to take time off work to take me to the hospital ,

i am my mothers second child

my brother is a year older, healthy and well liked

they wish i die slowly

because they still want to get the monthly payment…

they want the money and not me…

on my mothers side of the family no one works…

i am only a baby…what can i do?…

my mother loves other people more than me…

i never had a birthday present from my mother…

why does she love people and not me?…

why does she give me life?

no clothes, no outings,no park, no movie

all i do is study…

in my school we have six classes of fifty students…

three hundred student at my level

i am the number one student and they put my name in the school lobby…

everyone knows this  except my mother…

when the teacher asks is she not proud to have such a smart daughter

she is quiet.

When we get home she watches me a long time

her face has many meanings…

I’m  too busy and i don’t talk to her often

No comments:

Post a Comment